CEM Training & Exam
AEE Members receive a $200 discount for this course and exam.
- When: Oct. 28 – Oct. 31 2019, 8am–5pm
- Where: University of Central Florida, Nike Building 101, 3740 Libra Dr, Orlando, FL 32816
Become a Certified Energy Manager
CEM Training in Sunny Orlando Florida!
Get certified in beautiful Orlando Florida! Come as an individual or enjoy the time with your family.
Since 1981 the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) has been the leading credentialing body for “Energy Managers”. The CEM is the first recognized program under the Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines and is accredited by ANSI, the American National Standards Institute. The Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines were developed in collaboration between the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the commercial energy performance industry to strengthen the growing energy efficiency market by certifying a highly skilled workforce.
October 28 – October 31, 2019. 8:00am – 5:00pm (3.0 CEUs)
November 1, 2019. 7:30am – 1:00pm (Exam starts at 9:00am)
- $2395* AEE member fee ticket (RSVP by September 21, 2019 required*)
- $2595* Non-AEE member ticket (RSVP and payment by September 21, 2019 required*)
*All fees will be due and payable by September 21, 2019. The AEE Sunshine Chapter reserves the right to postpone training and refund fees if required paid participant minimums are not met by September 21, 2019.
Richard Costello PE, BSME, CEM, MSEM
You can find the U.S. CEM Handbook and Application as well as Study Guide and Practice Exams at the following link:
What you should bring to class:
- Sticky tabs to mark book
- Scientific calculator (TI 30, 30x, 35, or 35x) — know how to use your calculator.
*Exam fee included in course registration fee. Separate exam application is required.
Objectives of the CEM certification
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy management
- To improve the practice of energy management by encouraging energy managers in a continuing program of professional development
- To award special recognition to those energy managers who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for energy management
Doug Bowman (email@example.com) for more information
Ten Reasons to Attend and Get Certified
1. The comprehensive program is designed to provide professionals with the in-depth training needed to excel as an energy manager.
2. Understand the real benefits of energy management and how to perform the calculations needed to help minimize energy costs and improve energy efficiency in buildings and other facilities.
3. Gain fundamental knowledge that will allow you to traverse the many facets of energy management, including energy auditing, energy purchasing, life-cycle costing and project financing.
4. Increase your understanding of the major energy consuming systems in buildings and how to apply the latest energy management technologies.
5. Unravel the maze on industry standards, energy codes, federal legislation, and government policy.
6. Learn how to prioritize economic decision making when purchasing energy and understand energy rate structures, peak demand, and tax incentives, and how that knowledge can help you save money.
7. Get prepared for the CEM exam with invaluable time spent problem solving and debating the energy challenges you face.
8. Take away an in-depth course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference back on the job.
9. Gain recognition for your skills – CEM certification is recognized by numerous federal and state energy offices, major utilities, corporations and energy service companies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Dr. Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy recognizes the CEM Program – watch on youtube.
10. Already certified? Attending this course provides 3.0 CEUs / 30 PDH / 6 AEE Credits toward re-certification.