CEM Training & Exam
AEE Members receive a $200 discount for this course and exam.
- When: Oct. 28 – Oct. 31 2019, 8am–5pm
- Where: University of Central Florida, Nike Building 101, 3740 Libra Dr, Orlando, FL 32816
Become a Certified Energy Manager
Get Certified in the Sunshine State — October 28–31
Objectives of the CEM certification:
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy management
- To improve the practice of energy management by encouraging energy managers in a continuing program of professional development
- To award special recognition to those energy managers who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for energy management
- Course Instruction: Oct. 28 – Oct. 31 2019, 8am–5pm (3.0 CEUs)
- Certifying Exam: Nov. 1st 2019, 7:30am–1:00pm (Exam starts at 9am)
- AEE Member: $2395 fee ticket (RSVP by September 21st and payment required*)
- Non-AEE Member: $2595 fee ticket (RSVP by September 21st and payment required*)
*Corporate discounts for multiple participants are available by contacting us directly. The AEESunshine Chapter reserves the right to postpone training and refund paid fees if requiredstudent participant minimums are not met by September 21st. Exam fee is included in thecourse registration fee.
Clint Christenson, CEM
Payment (in full) must be received by September 21st in order to guarantee your seat in the course. If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty, though if this is done prior to the CEM application filing—30 days prior to the start of the seminar—the substitute will still be responsible for paying the CEM application fee of $400.
All cancellations must be communicated to the AEE Florida Sunshine Chapter in writing. Registrations canceled after September 21st, 2019 will be assessed the full registration fee and no refund will be made.
Should the course be canceled because of weather, illness or any other reason, all registrants will be notified as early as possible and our liability will be limited to the return of the registration fee.
Email Doug Bowman at email@example.com for more details.
Ten Reasons to Attend and Get Certified
1. The comprehensive program is designed to provide professionals with the in-depth training needed to excel as an energy manager.
2. Understand the real benefits of energy management and how to perform the calculations needed to help minimize energy costs and improve energy efficiency in buildings and other facilities.
3. Gain fundamental knowledge that will allow you to traverse the many facets of energy management, including energy auditing, energy purchasing, life-cycle costing and project financing.
4. Increase your understanding of the major energy consuming systems in buildings and how to apply the latest energy management technologies.
5. Unravel the maze on industry standards, energy codes, federal legislation, and government policy.
6. Learn how to prioritize economic decision making when purchasing energy and understand energy rate structures, peak demand, and tax incentives, and how that knowledge can help you save money.
7. Get prepared for the CEM exam with invaluable time spent problem solving and debating the energy challenges you face.
8. Take away an in-depth course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference back on the job.
9. Gain recognition for your skills – CEM certification is recognized by numerous federal and state energy offices, major utilities, corporations and energy service companies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Dr. Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy recognizes the CEM Program – watch on youtube.
10. Already certified? Attending this course provides 3.0 CEUs / 30 PDH / 6 AEE Credits toward re-certification.