(Canceled) CEM Training & Exam
AEE Members receive a $200 discount for this course and exam.
- When: Mar. 16 – Mar. 19 2020, 8am–5pm
- Where: University of Central Florida, Nike Building 101, 3740 Libra Dr, Orlando, FL 32816
Become a Certified Energy Manager in 2020
Get Certified in the Sunshine State—March 16th–20th!
Objectives of the CEM certification:
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy management.
- To improve the practice of energy management by encouraging energy managers in a continuing program of professional development.
- To award special recognition to those energy managers who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for energy management.
Course Instruction: March 16 – March 19 2020, 8am-5pm (3.0 CEUs)
Certifying Exam: March 20th, 7:30 am-1:00pm (Exam starts at 9am)
Course Fee: $2395 AEE member fee ticket (RSVP by February 13th and payment required*) $2595 Non-AAE member ticket (RSVP and payment by February 13th required*)
* Corporate discounts for multiple participants are available by contacting us directly. The AEE Sunshine Chapter reserves the right to postpone training and refund paid fees if required student participant minimums are not met by February 13th. The exam fee is included in the course registration fee.
Course Instructor: Tim Janos, JD, CEM, CEA, BEP
Course Location: University of Central Florida, Nike Bldg #101 Programming Center, 3740 Libra Drive, Orlando FL 32816
Payment (in full) must be received by February 13th in order to guarantee your seat in the course. If you are unable to attend the course, you may substitute another person in your place without penalty, though if this is done prior to the CEM application filing – 30 days prior to the start of the seminar — the substitute will still be responsible for paying the CEM application fee of $400.
All cancellations must be communicated to AEE – Florida Sunshine Chapter in writing. Registrations canceled after February 13th, 2020 will be assessed the full registration fee and no refund will be made.
Should the course be canceled because of weather, illness or any other reason, all registrants will be notified as early as possible and our liability will be limited to the return of the registration fee.
Email Doug Bowman at email@example.com for more details.
Ten Reasons to Attend and Get Certified
1. The comprehensive program is designed to provide professionals with the in-depth training needed to excel as an energy manager.
2. Understand the real benefits of energy management and how to perform the calculations needed to help minimize energy costs and improve energy efficiency in buildings and other facilities.
3. Gain fundamental knowledge that will allow you to traverse the many facets of energy management, including energy auditing, energy purchasing, life-cycle costing and project financing.
4. Increase your understanding of the major energy consuming systems in buildings and how to apply the latest energy management technologies.
5. Unravel the maze on industry standards, energy codes, federal legislation, and government policy.
6. Learn how to prioritize economic decision making when purchasing energy and understand energy rate structures, peak demand, and tax incentives, and how that knowledge can help you save money.
7. Get prepared for the CEM exam with invaluable time spent problem solving and debating the energy challenges you face.
8. Take away an in-depth course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference back on the job.
9. Gain recognition for your skills – CEM certification is recognized by numerous federal and state energy offices, major utilities, corporations and energy service companies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Dr. Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy recognizes the CEM Program – watch on youtube.
10. Already certified? Attending this course provides 3.0 CEUs / 30 PDH / 6 AEE Credits toward re-certification.