CEM Training & Exam
AEE Members receive a $200 discount for this course and exam.
- When: June 17th–20th, 2019
- Where: Orlando Utilities Commission, 3800 W Gardenia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32839
AEE Sunshine Chapter
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Training
Course Dates: June 17–20 8am–5pm
Exam Date: June 21st 8am–1pm
Course Fees: $2,595 non AEE members, $2,395 AEE members
Get Certified in the Sunshine State!
Take advantage of all that the Orlando area has to offer by combining CEM training with some adventure time. The Certified Energy Manager Training Program is primarily focused on “optimizing” energy use and costs within non-residential buildings. It explains how energy is purchased and then used in various energy systems (HVAC, Lighting, Motors, Boilers, etc.) throughout a building. This “holistic” approach helps the professional see the “big picture” and then learn how to optimize systems to reduce costs, improve profits, and increase occupant satisfaction. Course participants leave with actionable ideas they can immediately apply in their facilities.
Get Accredited and Recognized!
The Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Program is accredited under ANSI/ISO/IEC 1704 for Personnel Certification Bodies, and by Entidad Nacional de Acreditacion (ENAC) to international standard UNE-IN/ISO/IEC17024. It is also a U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines Recognized Program.
The program will prepare you for the Certified Energy Manager Exam, which will be administered on June 21st. The $400 cost of the exam is included in the course fee. Please ensure you are qualified in advance to sit for the exam. Submit a completed application to AEE at aeecenter.org/certification.
This multi-day program is being taught by Mr. Mark Roche. Mark Roche, CEM, BEP, CDSM, CEP, CEA, is currently the Manager of Regulatory Rates for Tampa Electric. He has more than 30 years of experience in nuclear and fossil fuel generation, energy delivery, energy management, utility marketing, customer service and regulatory proceedings. He has developed several instructional programs on energy management and professional development. He is the current Board Chairman for AEE’s BEP and CDSM Programs.
Ten Reasons to Attend and Get Certified
1. The comprehensive program is designed to provide professionals with the in-depth training needed to excel as an energy manager.
2. Understand the real benefits of energy management and how to perform the calculations needed to help minimize energy costs and improve energy efficiency in buildings and other facilities.
3. Gain fundamental knowledge that will allow you to traverse the many facets of energy management, including energy auditing, energy purchasing, life-cycle costing and project financing.
4. Increase your understanding of the major energy consuming systems in buildings and how to apply the latest energy management technologies.
5. Unravel the maze on industry standards, energy codes, federal legislation, and government policy.
6. Learn how to prioritize economic decision making when purchasing energy and understand energy rate structures, peak demand, and tax incentives, and how that knowledge can help you save money.
7. Get prepared for the CEM exam with invaluable time spent problem solving and debating the energy challenges you face.
8. Take away an in-depth course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference back on the job.
9. Gain recognition for your skills – CEM certification is recognized by numerous federal and state energy offices, major utilities, corporations and energy service companies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Dr. Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy recognizes the CEM Program – watch on youtube.
10. Already certified? Attending this course provides 3.0 CEUs / 30 PDH / 6 AEE Credits toward re-certification.