Ten Reasons to Attend and Get Certified
1. The comprehensive program is designed to provide professionals with the in-depth training needed to excel as an energy manager.
2. Understand the real benefits of energy management and how to perform the calculations needed to help minimize energy costs and improve energy efficiency in buildings and other facilities.
3. Gain fundamental knowledge that will allow you to traverse the many facets of energy management, including energy auditing, energy purchasing, life-cycle costing and project financing.
4. Increase your understanding of the major energy consuming systems in buildings and how to apply the latest energy management technologies.
5. Unravel the maze on industry standards, energy codes, federal legislation, and government policy.
6. Learn how to prioritize economic decision making when purchasing energy and understand energy rate structures, peak demand, and tax incentives, and how that knowledge can help you save money.
7. Get prepared for the CEM exam with invaluable time spent problem solving and debating the energy challenges you face.
8. Take away an in-depth course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference back on the job.
9. Gain recognition for your skills – CEM certification is recognized by numerous federal and state energy offices, major utilities, corporations and energy service companies, including the U.S. Department of Energy and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Dr. Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy recognizes the CEM Program – watch on youtube.
10. Already certified? Attending this course provides 3.6 CEUs, 36 PDHs, and 7.2 AEE Credits toward re-certification.
Start Oct. 1st - 5th, 2018
Location: OUC – The Reliable One, 3800 W. Gardenia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32839
This five-day program AND EXAM provides in-depth instruction in all aspects of energy management, conducted by a qualified instructor, live and in-person. Earn 36 PDHs of continuing education. To view the course syllabus and schedule, click here.
Ideal for energy managers, assessors, purchasers, and policy makers, the C.E.M. is the most widely-recognized Energy Management certification in the world. It is a required qualification for energy jobs by several employers, governmental and private alike. To learn more of its valuable benefits, click here.
Having the most respected and established credential is important in your career path. We invite you to invest your time and effort toward obtaining the best recognized Certification in the energy-efficiency industry by enrolling in the CEM program.
All applicants must meet the minimum eligibility requirements in order to receive the CEM certification. However, if you do not meet all of requirements at this time, but take and pass the CEM Examination, both the examination and seminar can be used to obtain CEM designation once you fulfill all other eligibility requirements, provided that you do so within six (6) years. Alternatively, you could also apply for the Energy Manager In Training (EMIT) designation, which you would hold until you have met all the requirements to become a Certified Energy Manager. With the EMIT certification you do not need to re-take the seminar or the exam either. The EMIT Certification Application is a one-page document and will be provided during the seminar to those interested in pursuing this option.
Should you have specific questions about the CEM certification application, please contact Mr. Josue Nunez by phone at (407) 704-0422.
Note — A written cancellation request must be received a week or more in advance of the event to be eligible for a refund. Requests should be sent to email@example.com
- Attend a preparatory CEM training seminar conducted by an approved training provider
- Submit a CEM certification application
- Pass an open book examination, which is proctored by an approved exam administrator.
USGBC Florida Members and AEE Members receive a $200 discount for this course and exam.
- When: Oct. 1st – 5th, 2018
- Where: Orlando Utilities Commission, 3800 W Gardenia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32839
- Course and Exam Fees: $2,595 standard fee, $2,395 for USGBC Florida and AEE Members
|AEE Course and Exam Fees:|